If you’re looking for a quick and delicious low carb dinner recipe, look no further than this easy keto shrimp scampi! Tender, buttery shrimp, swimming in garlic and parsley, served on delicate ribbons of spaghetti squash? Yeah – that happened, and it was UH-MAZING.
I’ve got a boatload of low carb spaghetti squash recipes coming up here on IBIH, because after almost a year of living in Belize with nary a spaghetti squash to be found – they are suddenly ERRY. WHERE.
I’m not complaining mind you – I was, and still am, very excited to have stocked up on spaghetti squash these last few weeks.
I’m also broke now, because they are crazy expensive like so much of the non tropical produce you can get here. Sigh…
In my previous non-keto life, shrimp scampi was one of my go-to recipes on weeknights, or when we were having a big group of friends over. It literally comes together in minutes – throw just a few flavorful ingredients together in a pan and you’re done.
Just because I don’t eat pasta anymore, there’s no reason not to enjoy all the other perks of this classic dish – so I give you this easy keto shrimp scampi recipe – made with spaghetti squash of course.
Now if spaghetti squash is hard to get where you are, or you just don’t want to spend eleventy billion dollars on one for this recipe – feel free to serve this over spiralized zucchini noodles and it will be just as good!
Or, if your non-keto family just has to has their pasta – no problem, just make the scampi and serve yours over a keto friendly veggie noodle and theirs on the traditional kind. We’re 100% about solutions and preventing family mutiny over here. ?
If you forego the parmesan cheese on top (I just teared up a little) and replace the white wine with chicken or veggie broth, then this easy keto shrimp scampi recipe is not only low carb, but also Paleo and even Whole 30 compliant.
There is so much winning in this keto shrimp scampi scenario – seriously delicious, super easy, and incredibly healthy. I can’t even with how awesome this is right now. ? ? ? ? ?
As always, can’t wait for you guys to try this and report back! And stay tuned for more low carb spaghetti squash recipes coming up all this week!
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my free low carb and keto menu plans to kick start your weight loss in 2021!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the wine, salt, black pepper, red pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook 2 – 3 minutes or until opaque.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Serve over hot, cooked spaghetti squash.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired (optional)