Every kids favorite meal gets a keto twist with a non-bread breading made from some surprising ingredients. Instead of bread crumbs, crushed pork rinds and Parmesan cheese create a crust that is both crunchy and crisp. Dip in Ranch Dressing or Sugar-Free Ketchup for a real childhood treat.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pork rinds, ground
- 1/2 cup shredded, Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another medium bowl, combine the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Create a breading station: Line up the egg wash, then the pork rind mixture, then the baking sheet.
- Take one thigh half and dredge thoroughly in the egg wash, then coat in the pork rind mixture, pressing the breading into the meat so it adheres. Place the breaded thigh on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining thigh halves.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.