Maybe you associate rich butter with shellfish like lobster and crab, but there’s no better pair than fresh cod and butter.
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets (thawed if frozen), rinsed and patted dry
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons salted grass-fed butter, divided
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the cod fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lay out four pieces of aluminum foil, each about three times the size of a fillet. Place a fillet in the center of each piece of foil. Divide the butter, thyme, and lemon juice among the four fillets. Fold over the sides of each foil sheet to form a pouch, sealing the fillet inside. Place the four foil pouches on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Open the pouches carefully to allow the steam to escape, and serve hot.