This week continues my “Best of” series, where I scour the internet for the best low carb and/or Paleo friendly recipes in a regional food category. So far I’ve compiled roundups for the best Mexican, Italian, and Asian inspired recipes. This week it’s time for some Indian food!
There are those of you who will be super excited about this, while others may be like “Meh, what’s so great about Indian food?” I encourage you to read on and at least peruse the photos below, because if you haven’t really had a chance to try some traditional Indian favorites, you may be surprised to find how absolutely delicious they are!
Many of these recipes are authentically Indian, others are more Indian-inspired or from a nearby region so I included them. Please don’t email me about how a recipe “isn’t technically Indian because” (insert whatever complaint here.) I’m not trying to be a purist about it – just bringing your attention to some great low carb recipes with an Indian flair, mkay?
Some of these recipes are low carb, some of them are Paleo – so you might have to make a substitution or two to suit your own dietary needs, any changes should be minor though.
This list contains low carb main dishes, side dishes, condiments, and even some desserts so go nuts! Pick a few to try out and then invite some friends (and me, definitely me!) over for a Bollywood party!
If you’ve tried any of these recipes already (or do try them after perusing this list) please let us know how they were in the comments!!!
1. Butter Chicken from Mark’s Daily Apple
2. Indian Spiced Lamb Chops with Cucumber Salad from Simply Delicious
3. How to Make Paneer Cheese in 30 Minutes from The Kitchn
4. Paleek Paneer from Edible Garden
5. 3 Ingredient Paleo Naan Bread by My Heart Beets
6. Pork Vindaloo Meatballs from I Breathe I’m Hungry
7. Egg Bhurji from Fauzia’s Pakistani Recipes
8. Green Tomato Chutney from I Breathe I’m Hungry
9. Nigella’s Mughlai Chicken from Simply Delicious Food
10. Paleo Chicken Korma from The Preppy Paleo
11. Cashew Vegetable Korma from Seasonal and Savory
12. Homemade Garam Masala Seasoning from Vegan in the Freezer
13. Garam Masala Cocktail Nuts from All Day I Dream About Food
14. Indian Spiced Roast Chicken from Rock Recipes
15. Cheater’s Tandoori Chicken from I Breathe I’m Hungry
16. Mint Coriander Chutney from Veg Recipes of India
17. Indian Chicken and Almond Soup from Buttoni’s Low Carb Recipes
18. Bengali Spicy Egg Curry from My Diverse Kitchen
19. Indian Spiced Shrimp with Garlic and Cilantro Yogurt Sauce from My Fancy Pantry
20. Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with Mint Chutney from My New Roots
21. Curried Cauliflower Soup from I Breathe I’m Hungry
22. Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala from A Girl Worth Saving
23. Cauliflower in Creamy Tomato Sauce from Ecurry
24. Sri Lankan Fish Curry from The Nourished Caveman
25. Almond Pistachio Fat Bombs from The Healthy Foodie
These are just some of the Indian inspired Low Carb or Paleo friendly recipes that I’ve found – if you know of others that I missed, please do leave them in the comments!!!
New to IBIH and like what you see? Be sure to subscribe via to get updates whenever I post a new recipe! You can also hang out with us in the IBIH Community Forums and on the IBIH Facebook page where I post daily Amazon freebies and other fun stuff!
Finally, I’ve got lots of great low carb and gluten free e-cookbooks out, and I’m currently running a special where you can get all five of them (over 150 recipes) for just $19.99! Get more information over on the Cookbooks page!