This Keto Jalapeño Popper Frittata has all of the flavors and textures of your favorite keto appetizer in a breakfast friendly package! This Keto frittata is sure to be a hit with the entire family!!
Is there anything that isn’t delicious about jalapeno poppers? Not to me!
The creamy, cheesy filling, the spicy bite of the jalapeno pepper, and of course the crispy bacon on the outside, all combine to make a deliciously addictive flavor profile – and it’s keto friendly to boot!
I love it so much that in addition to my own version of a low carb jalapeno popper recipe, I’ve since created a keto-friendly Jalapeno Popper Soup, a Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower Casserole, and a Jalapeno Popper Meatball!
They are all delicious and wildly popular here on IBIH.
Now I’m bringing the jalapeno popper to your keto breakfast menu! (you’re welcome.)
This Keto Jalapeño Popper Frittata was a complete (but awesome) accident. I was looking for something to throw together for Mr. Hungry’s breakfast one morning and had some of my jalapeno popper filling (cream cheese, cheddar, and salsa verde) in the fridge leftover.
I threw that, along with slices of fresh jalapenos, and some already cooked bacon (which I always keep on hand) together, and turned it into a tasty Keto omelette that Mr. Hungry claimed is one of the best things he’s eaten in a LONG time!
I wasn’t eating dairy at the time so I didn’t get a chance to taste this Keto Jalapeño Popper Frittata at the time, but vowed that I would have some as soon as dairy was back on the menu for me. I did and it was just as amazing as he described!
Of course I knew I had to share this delicious keto breakfast recipe with you guys! You can make this as an omelette like I did the first few times, but it’s so much easier to execute as a frittata!
The added bonus is that this Keto jalapeño popper frittata reheats well and will keep for several days in the fridge (assuming you don’t keep going back for more that same day!) I made this last week and not only did I eat it for my breakfast – I also ate it for lunch and dinner! It was THAT good!
If you’re a fan of jalapeno poppers (and/or bacon!) then you are going to love this Keto Jalapeño Popper Frittata recipe! I’m so looking forward to hearing what you thought about this one! I can’t imagine that it will get anything other than rave reviews!!!
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my free 3 day kickstart plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
In other news, for a limited time I’m bundling my Amazon best-selling e-book The Gluten Free Low Carber with my first two issues of the IBIH ezine for only $9.99 – that’s a discount of over 50%!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so! Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more information on the books here, or simply click the Add to Cart button to download now!
All three for just $9.99!
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 Tbsp salsa verde
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped or sliced jalapenos
- Combine the cream cheese, jalapenos, salsa verde, and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar in a small bowl.
- Microwave for one minute, then mix well until mostly smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper – beat until fully combined and smooth.
- Grease a 8 by 8 (or equivalent) casserole dish.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture evenly through the bottom of the pan.
- Swirl slightly but leave in clumps.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cream cheese.
- Top with the chopped bacon, shredded cheddar, and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake in a 350 degree (F) oven for 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.