This Keto Chocolate Bacon Toffee Ice Cream combines all of my favorite flavors into a delicious and creamy keto ice cream that is both salty and sweet and has a satisfying crunch!
Since I love bacon and chocolate together, turning it into an ice cream flavor was an easy decision to make.
To add more texture and another layer of flavor, I decided to also include some sugar free toffee pieces.
Finally, to keep the bacon from softening in the ice cream, I insulated it by covering it in melted Lindt 90% chocolate and chilling it until hardened.
Then I chopped it up and stirred it, along with the sugar free toffee pieces, into the ice cream in the final 2 minutes of churning.
The verdict? AWESOMESAUCE!
The Lindt adds a pleasing bitter counterpart to the silky sweet ice cream, salty bacon, and sweet, crunchy toffee pieces. This is definitely my best low carb ice cream creation to date!
For the best results, it’s important to use a high quality bacon for this Keto Chocolate Bacon Toffee Ice Cream recipe, and to cook it until fully crisp and brittle before adding it to the melted chocolate.
For more great ice cream recipes, download my e-bundle today for only $9.99!
- 1 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup premium cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 squares Lindt 90% chocolate
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon, chopped
- 3 squares sugar free toffee, chopped
- Combine the sugar substitute, eggs, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and almond milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir.
- If the mixture hasn’t thickened slightly, repeat for 30 seconds one more time. Stir.
- If you end up with a few lumps you can stir vigorously or run through a strainer to remove them.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and a pinch of salt.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the 2 Tbsp whipping cream, then stir in the bacon.
- Spread out the mixture on parchment or wax paper and chill until hardened.
- Once hardened, chop and set aside.
- When the ice cream mixture is fully chilled, run it through an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions.
- In the final minute or two, stir in the bacon and toffee. Serve immediately or freeze until firm.
- If serving out of the freezer, be sure to defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature to soften before eating.