I feel like I’m always apologizing lately. I apologize for not posting enough, for not answering emails fast enough, for not unplugging often enough, for not spending time with the people that matter most to me enough, etc. etc. etc.
Sometimes life is complicated, and you make too many commitments on your time, and you realize that something has to give. I’m working on that, so I can do less apologizing, and feel happier with where I’m at.
I think as women especially, we all have moments when we feel like we’re not doing “enough.” Is my house clean enough? Are my dinners healthy enough? Are my kids happy enough, adjusted enough, polite enough? Do I work hard enough? Am I using my time efficiently enough?
Life is full of “enoughs” and to that I say….enough is enough.
So today I’m not going to apologize for the fact that I’ve been too busy to post much this week, or because I wish these photos were better, or that this Ham, Cheese & Mushroom Frittata recipe is too simple and not fancy or uber creative.
Today, this is what I’ve got. And it will have to be enough.
This Ham, Cheese & Mushroom Frittata is easy to make, comforting to eat, and perfect for when you feel like there are too many “enoughs” in your day.
You can easily substitute different proteins, cheeses or herbs in this low carb frittata recipe to change it up based on your mood or what you’ve got in your fridge!
Can’t get enough low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!
New to low carb and need some help getting started? Try out any one of my free low carb and keto menu plans with recipes and shopping lists and start losing weight fast!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium oven proof saute pan, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms and ham for 3 – 5 minutes. Blend the eggs and cream together in a large bowl. Add nutmeg, then salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs over the mushroom and ham mixture. Gently stir in the parsley and shredded cheese. Bake in a 375 degree (F) oven for about 20 – 25 minutes or until firm. Serve.