These Sweet Chili Keto Pork Chops are one of those easy weeknight dinners that bring lots of satisfying flavor, with just a few minutes spent in the kitchen. Dairy free, egg free, and nut free, this low carb pork chop recipe has a wide appeal for many diet types.
I think pork chops are underrated personally, and have started adding them back to my own menu rotation for that reason. Since pork chops are naturally high in fat, they are a perfect protein choice for the keto diet – and their neutral flavor makes them a great base for many different sauces.
Since pork seems to pair so well with sweet sauces, I opted for a version of my sweet chili sauce on these easy keto pork chops – and they did not disappoint!
These sweet chili keto pork chops are so easy to make that it’s almost ridiculous to provide you with an actual recipe!
To make these easy keto pork chops, you’re basically going to pan sear them for a few minutes per side until cooked through – then remove them and throw your sauce ingredients into the same pan and cook it down until bubbling and thickened. Then simply pour that molten sweet chili sauce over your finished pork chops and serve – easy peasy.
These sweet chili keto pork chops are a no brainer with some broccoli or cauliflower rice on the side to soak up all that yummy sauce with. You can also serve these delicious low carb pork chops with zucchini noodles, or even cooked spaghetti squash for something a little different.
And if your family isn’t eating keto, you can certainly serve these keto pork chops with regular rice for them – they’ll never be able to tell that this sweet and spicy pork chop recipe isn’t loaded with sugar and carbs! ??
Tips for cooking perfect keto pork chops:
I learned this trick at a restaurant here in Roatan: If you cut through the edges of the fat around your pork chop at about every inch or so, it helps it crisp up nicely – and also keeps it from curling up around the edges during cooking. This results in a flat and evenly cooked keto pork chop that has a delicious crispy exterior!
You can make this recipe with bone in or boneless pork chops, but be aware that a thicker pork chop will require a lot more time to cook through. You’ll know it’s done when the center is no longer pink, but if you don’t want to cut into it while cooking and let all those tasty juices out, then use a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the pork chop and make sure it’s reached 145 degrees.
Need some keto side dish inspo to round out your keto meal planning? Check out this collection of 150 Best Keto Side Dish Recipes!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other light tasting oil)
- 4 pork chops (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sugar free orange marmalade
- lime juice
- fish sauce
- sesame oil
- dried red pepper flakes
- chopped habanero peppers (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, plus more for garnish if desired
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pork chops in the skillet for 3 – 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pork chops from the skillet to a serving platter.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to the hot pan and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, or until bubbling and thickened slightly.
- Pour the hot sauce over the cooked pork chops and serve immediately.