This easy Keto Cheesy Roasted Asparagus will go straight to the top of your list of favorite low carb asparagus recipes! It’s creamy, cheesy, saucy, asparagus-y perfection.
Asparagus is one of my favorite Keto friendly vegetables, and to be honest, it doesn’t need much fuss to taste amazing. When I used to grow asparagus in my garden in South Carolina, I’d break fresh spears off and munch on them while I weeded. No cooking required.
When I do cook asparagus, a simple roast with olive oil and salt, maybe some lemon zest thrown in, is all it takes to make me happy.
That being said, sometimes you just want a little extra somethin’ somethin’ – you know?
And this Keto Cheesy Roasted Asparagus definitely delivers.
But while this Keto Cheesy Roasted Asparagus may be extra luxe in the flavor department, it’s definitely not extra in the work department.
All you need is a few minutes to whip this cheesy roasted asparagus together, and then let the oven do the work while you set the table and pour a glass of wine.
The asparagus goes into the oven looking like this….
And comes out looking like this…
See? Extra awesome.
Even the most novice of cooks can execute this easy keto cheesy roasted asparagus, but I’ve included some tips on trimming asparagus below just in case…
How do you trim asparagus?
I’m adding this little tip on how to trim asparagus in here because if you haven’t worked with it before you may be a little intimidated. Don’t be! Trimming asparagus is super easy!
Here’s a pro tip when it comes to trimming asparagus – the spears will snap naturally where it starts to get tough. So simply bend the spear from the bottom while holding it at about the mid-point, and it will break off at the spot where it begins to get tender.
If you don’t want to mess with your asparagus spear by spear, you can cut the bottoms off of the entire bunch with a knife for uniform length – usually 2 inches up from the bottom is safe.
If your spears are more than 1/4 inch in diameter, rather than waste perfectly good asparagus, simply shave off the bottom 2 inches of woody exterior with a vegetable peeler, leaving the tender edible interior exposed.
Now you’re ready to make this easy keto cheesy roasted asparagus – and please be sure to report back with how it went! I’m betting even the kids and non keto family will love this super cheesy and delicious asparagus recipe!
If you’re an asparagus lover like me, try one of my other favorite keto asparagus recipes from the archives – Grilled Asparagus with Sriracha & Pecan Vinaigrette!
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese if you must)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8th teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, Italian blend, or other mild white cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim the asparagus spears (see note above.)
- Spread the trimmed asparagus out on a baking sheet or dish. Overlapping into two layers is fine.
- Put the butter, mascarpone, salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth and then pour over the asparagus spears. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the asparagus is tender but not mushy.
- Remove and serve hot. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.