Flatbread is a lot like pizza crust except lighter and airier. This coconut flour-based flatbread is bubbly and crisp, perfect for the contrasting addition of barbecue sauce, onions, and goat cheese. If you have grilled chicken or other cooked meat on hand, add it to this dish for an extra dose of protein.
- FOR THE FLATBREAD: 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- FOR THE TOPPINGS: 2 tablespoons sugar-free barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumble
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- TO MAKE THE FLATBREAD: In a medium, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, egg whites, onion powder, and coconut milk until there are no lumps.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the coconut batter into the skillet and rotate the pan so the batter coats the entire pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the edges brown. Flip. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove the flatbread from the pan.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE PIZZA: Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Top the cooked flatbread evenly with the barbecue sauce, goat cheese, onion, garlic, and pepper.
- Place the flatbread on a baking sheet. Put it in the preheated oven. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove it from the oven. Cool the flatbread for 2 minutes before slicing and serving.