Straight from your favorite Chinese takeout kitchen, this beef and broccoli dish eliminates hidden carbs like cornstarch and sugar for a tasty meal. Try this with Cauliflower Rice or tossed with Zucchini Noodles.
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 (1-pound) skirt steak, sliced into 1-inch strips, then halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, sake, ginger, and five-spice powder. Add the steak strips. Cover. Refrigerate to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil for about 1 minute. Add the onion. Saute for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the beef and marinade to the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli and scallions to the skillet. Saute for 2 minutes. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Stir the ingredients to mix well, and serve.