For a quick snack or a party dish you can serve with fancy little toothpicks, these slightly spicy buffalo balls, packed with rich blue cheese, are just the ticket.
- 1 pound free-range ground chicken
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded organic mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled organic blue cheese
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Buffalo Sauce
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, egg, mozzarella and blue cheeses, celery, water, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix the ingredients well.
- Form the mixture into about 20 meatballs, placing them in the baking pan as you do.
- Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile warm the buffalo sauce in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- When the meatballs are done, toss them in the warm sauce and serve.
- TO MAKE THE BUFFALO SAUCE:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter and melt.
- Add the hot sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk over medium-high heat until the mixture is bubbling.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.