These classic wings are perfect for football Sundays or weekend gatherings. Baked instead of fried, these wings also save time and the expense of oil. For a smoky flavor, cook the chicken for the same amount of time on the grill over medium heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Bleu Cheese Sauce or Ranch Dressing, or purchased bottled dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Add the wings and stir to coat.
- Evenly divide the wings between two baking sheets. Place the sheets in the oven. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the outer skin is crispy.
- In another large bowl, mix together the hot sauce, butter, cayenne pepper, the the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Add the cooked wings. Toss them in the sauce for 1 minute to coat.
- Serve with the Bleu Cheese Sauce or Ranch Dressing.