Crispy chicken skin tops these flavorful thighs that cook in a garlic, onion, thyme, and tarragon base. Definitely lip-smacking and finger-licking good.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on free-range chicken thighs
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 white onion, quartered
- ¼ cup Golden Ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the chicken thighs in a cast iron or ovenproof skillet. Wedge the garlic cloves and onion quarters between the thighs. Drizzle the ghee over the chicken, then sprinkle with the tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Last, squeeze the juice from the lemon over the top (use a strainer to catch any seeds).
- Bake the chicken thighs until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, turn on the broiler and place the chicken under the broiler until the skin is crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with the roasted onion quarters and delicious roasted garlic.