Perfect for a party or a quick midday snack, these Caprese Salad Bites are full of flavor and simple to make. The bright burst of flavor from the tomato pairs perfectly with the creamy mozzarella and fresh basil. Drizzled with olive oil, these little skewers get a zing from balsamic vinegar and a simple seasoning of salt and pepper for a well-rounded bite.
- 12 cherry tomatoes. halved
- 12 boccocini (small mozzarella balls), or 12(1-ounce) mozzarella cubes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using a toothpick, spear one tomato half, then add one bocconcini.
- Top the cheese with one basil leaf then the second tomato half. Set aside.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange the skewered bites on a tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or chill for up to 24 hours.