Bacon and leeks pair brilliantly, as you get a mild onion flavor from the leek when it’s roasted with salty, crispy bacon.
- 8 ounces uncured center-cut bacon
- ¼ cup sliced leek (white part only)
- 8 large free-range eggs
- ½ cup organic heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the bacon and cook until crispy, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the bacon and set aside to cool.
- Add the leek to the bacon fat left in the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove the leek from the pan and set aside to cool. Leave any remaining bacon fat in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, gently beat the eggs, then whisk in the heavy cream, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt, pepper, and cooled leek. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and crumble the bacon over the top.
- Bake until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown, about 18 minutes. Let the frittata sit for a few minutes before slicing.