These tender keto Brussels sprouts in the Instant Pot are bathed in a sweet glaze and studded with salty bits of bacon! A fantastic keto side dish that can be made in just minutes using your Instant Pot! Low carb and dairy free too!
I realize that Brussels sprouts are not everyone’s cup of tea – some people truly loathe them. If you’re a Brussels sprouts lover like I am though, you know that when cooked properly, they are soft and sweet and oh so satisfying.
Like other vegetables in the cabbage family, Brussels sprouts are usually best roasted or braised to bring out their sweetness. That can be a long process though, and we don’t always have an hour or more to coax the best flavor and texture out of them.
In an effort to speed up the process, I wondered what some of you may also be wondering: “Can I cook Brussels sprouts in the Instant Pot?” More importantly, can I make Brussels sprouts in the Instant Pot taste good?
I’m happy to say that the answer is YES. You CAN cook Brussels sprouts in the Instant Pot – and they are amazing!
Since Brussels sprouts and bacon are a sublime combination, I couldn’t fathom making these keto Brussels sprouts in the Instant Pot without including some. The bacon adds a rich, salty, lusciousness that perfectly complements the sweet tanginess of the balsamic vinegar and mellow and distinct flavor of the Brussels sprouts themselves.
All of that tasty stuff gets added to your Instant Pot and sealed inside for around 20 minutes, and when the lid comes off you have the most sublime and perfectly tender Brussels sprouts you’ve ever had. Pinky promise.
If you’re cooking for a crowd and have multiple side dishes planned, this Keto Instant Pot Brussels sprouts recipe is relatively fast to make, and reheats awesomely the next day!
Make it ahead and reheat in the oven or microwave right before serving – you’re guests will never know (or care) that you made them in advance!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces chopped raw bacon (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped raw garlic
- 2 lbs whole brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (to thicken the sauce)
- Heat oil in the Instant Pot on the Saute function, then add the bacon and garlic and cook two minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and stir to coat, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, water, salt, erythritol and xanthan gum. Bring to a boil.
- Cover with the lid and set to Manual / low pressure / 18 minutes. (20 minutes if exceptionally large sprouts)
- When finished, vent the steam using the quick release lever, and remove cover according to MFG instructions.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl.
- Taste the sauce and season with additional salt if desired.
- Pour the sauce and bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts before serving.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!