These Keto Grilled Radish Skewers with Herb Butter make a fantastic substitute for potatoes at your next BBQ! Soft and smoky, they have just a slight radish bite that pairs really well with the luscious garlic & herb butter! You won’t even miss the carbs – pinky promise!
So I’m running a little late with this keto grilled radish skewers post, which was intended for sometime in August. I scheduled a bunch of summer recipes before we left for our trip to Europe, but ran out of time before I could get this one finished!
The good news is, there is still time left to fire up the grill and try out these keto grilled radish skewers – but even if you can’t, these can be roasted in the oven or even broiled to get a little char on them any time of year.
It’s no secret that radishes make a great keto substitute for potatoes, because they are naturally low in carbs but have a hearty, starchy texture to them when cooked. I’ve used them with fantastic success in my crispy radish and corned beef hash, as well these pan roasted radishes with lemon and herbs.
Because radishes are rather small, grilling can be a challenge, so I threaded them on skewers to make it easier. Bonus points for being fun to eat – and the kids can get involved and help with the skewering.
I opted to pre-cook my radishes in the microwave, until fork tender. That way I could easily get them on the skewers, and they didn’t need a long time on the grill – just enough to get a nice char and smoky flavor on them before serving.
This also means that you can cook them in advance and keep them in the fridge for a day or two until you’re ready to grill – which is great if you’re throwing a party and want to get as much early prep out of the way as possible.
I was really happy with the results after basting these keto grilled radish skewers with a basic garlic and herb butter, but you can season these low carb grilled radishes in a ton of different ways according to your preference – or to match or complement the flavor profile of whatever you’re serving them with.
- 16 radishes, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the raw radishes in a microwave safe bowl and add 1 cup of water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Test a radish to see if you can get a skewer through it easily. If not, microwave another 3 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
- Drain and cool the radishes.
- When ready to grill, heat the grill to about 450 degrees.
- Skewer the radishes, 4 per skewer (If using bamboo skewers be sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes first so they don’t burn)
- Combine the melted butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the radishes with the melted butter mixture.
- Grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove from the grill and baste with the remaining melted butter before serving.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!