You can whip up these Easy Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Bars in no time, and make the most of summer blueberry season! ? Low carb and so delicious, these easy cheesecake bars will be your new summer keto dessert BFF!
When I was a kid, blueberries were my favorite berry. I loved everything about them – the color, the flavor, the way they’d pop in your mouth when you bit into them. The best was when we went and picked fresh blueberries right off of the bush. Still warm from the sun, they were sometimes as big as a nickel and so very, very flavorful.
I still love blueberries, though it seems that they get smaller and smaller every year. I was thrilled to find some fresh blueberries in our grocery store here in Roatan, Honduras recently, so I stocked up and created some delicious new keto blueberry recipes – including these easy keto blueberry cheesecake bars.
I’m always a fan of traditional cheesecake, but what I love about a keto cheesecake bar is that the crust to filling ratio is perfect for a crust-lover like me. Also the blueberry flavor is more intense than if it were spread throughout an entire cheesecake. Another bonus is that these chill quickly after baking, so you don’t have to wait hours and hours for them to set before eating, like you would with a traditional keto cheesecake.
That being said, you can turn this into a full size blueberry swirl cheesecake by tripling the cheesecake filling ingredients and pouring into an 8 inch spring form pan. The crust ratio and blueberry swirl ratio would stay the same as in this bar recipe, but you’d have to bake this for about 50 minutes or until mostly set, then chill overnight before slicing into it. Totally worth it I’m sure – as long as you’ve got the patience!
These easy keto blueberry cheesecake bars have so much going for them! Delicious flavor and texture for sure, but the fact that they are so easy to make is another huge bonus. No tedious mixing ingredients one by one – you simply throw it all in a blender and pour over the crust. Easy peasy.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups superfine, blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 16 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and lemon zest in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the crust dough to a 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper or foil (this will make removing the bars much easier.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, sweetener and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the par baked crust and spread out evenly in the pan.
- Combine the blueberries and sweetener in a small blender cup and blend until mostly smooth.
- Drop by spoonfuls over the top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Gently swirl through the circles of blueberry with a knife to distribute, but don’t over mix.
- Bake the cheesecake bars at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably longer before cutting into four rows of squares to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!