Gooey mozzarella cheese is encased in bacon, a keto staple, in this favorite snack recipe. In Sneaky Keto Classics, you’ll find a recipe for a more traditional style of mozzarella sticks, but since everything is better with bacon, why not give these a try? Crunchy on the outside but melty on the inside, these are a crowd pleaser as well as an indulgent late-night snack.
- Oil for frying
- 2 mozzarella string cheese pieces
- 4 bacon slices
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°F.
- Cut each string cheese stick in half widthwise.
- Wrap each half of string cheese in one slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Keep the ends of the cheese stick exposed for better cooking.
- Once the oil is hot, drop the bacon-wrapped cheese pieces into the oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bacon is thoroughly browned. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve alone or with sufar-free marinara sauce.