For a quick, less-complicated bread recipe, try this almond butter-based one. With only five ingredients, it’s very simple to whip up in a pinch. This recipe can be finicky, so if it needs more than the recommended time in the oven to set, don’t panic. At such a low oven temperature it’s possible to have fluctuations in cooking time.
- ½ cup unflavored, unsweetened whey protein powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter for loaf pan
- Heat the oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the whey, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the almond butter until creamy. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat the batter until fluffy.
- Fold the whey mixture into the almond batter. Mix gently until smooth.
- Grease the inside of a loaf pan with the tablespoon of butter by rubbing it along the walls and into each corner.
- Transfer the mixture to a 8in x 4in loaf pan. Place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven. Cool the loaf for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife along the side edges of the pan to loosen the loaf, and tip the pan upside down to remove it. Place the loaf on a cooling rack to cool completely, about 5 minutes more.
- Slice the bread, as needed, and refrigerate covered in plastic wrap.