These Keto Beef Stroganoff Meatballs boast tender meatballs, caramelized onions, and toasty mushrooms hanging out in a succulent sour cream gravy. Paired with a silky cauliflower puree, this is the perfect keto comfort food!
Hello Peeps! It’s been awhile since I posted a new Keto Meatball Monday recipe, but I hope that you’ll think this one was worth the wait!
Before we left SC for the freezing cold North I cooked up a storm, so I have some delicious low carb meatball recipes in the queue for the next few weeks – YAY!
By the way we are STILL in the freezing cold North and it gets colder by the day it seems. This morning it was -4 with a “real feel” of -26. Toasty.
When I left at 6:30am to drop Mr. Hungry off at the project he’s working on I could feel my nose hairs freezing and thought…
Meanwhile my friends in South Carolina are whining about how cold they are because it’s in the 40’s during the day and I want to round them up and kick them all in the shins repeatedly while yelling:
But I would never do that…at least not the actual kicking part. The yelling….maybe. Cold weather makes me cranky, what can I say.
Please hold for a short break while I go get more coffee…………………..
There. That’s better. Now, where were we before I got off on a rant…. Oh. Yes. Meatballs!
These keto Beef Stroganoff Meatballs are quite simply amazing. It’s true, I wish I had some right now and it’s only 7:30am – that’s how good they were! Mr. Hungry isn’t usually a huge fan of mushrooms, but even he loved these!
Now Beef Stroganoff is typically served with egg noodles, and you could try these keto beef stroganoff meatballs with the low carb egg fast noodles from the Fettucini Alfredo recipe, and it would probably be fantastic. I served them with the Better Than Potatoes Cauliflower Puree because I was already making some and it was just easier – and delicious.
So you have options – but do serve them with something to enjoy all of that delicious gravy with. Even zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash would work if that’s what you have on hand.
This keto beef stroganoff meatballs recipe calls for a little xanthan gum which is a low carb thickener that you can usually find in the baking aisle or with the gluten free products if your store has a section. Otherwise you can order it online pretty cheaply. You can omit the xanthan gum, but your gravy will be much runnier without it – still yummers, just not as silky and clingy (in a delicious, non-desperate, way.)
KETO BEEF STROGANOFF MEATBALLS RECIPE VIDEO ??
If you love meatballs (and who doesn’t?) be sure to check out the Recipe Index where we have over 45 low carb and gluten free meatball recipes to choose from! Have you tried all of them yet? What’s your favorite?!?!?
I love them all, but I’m especially partial to the Meatballs alla Parmigiana and the Spinach and Artichoke Dip Meatballs lately – so if you haven’t tried either of those yet, put them on your list STAT!
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter (for frying)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the meatball ingredients (except the butter) in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Form into 12 meatballs.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp of butter in a large, nonstick saute pan.
- Cook the meatballs on medium heat in the butter until browned on all sides and cooked through (2-3 minutes per side.)
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Add the 1 Tbsp of butter and the 2 cups of sliced mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook until the mushrooms are golden and fragrant (4-5 minutes.)
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Remove the onions from the pan.
- Add the beef broth to your pan and scrape the bottom to get all the yummy bits off.
- Whisk in your sour cream and xanthan gum until smooth.
- Add the meatballs, mushrooms, onions and garlic back to the pan and stir.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley right before serving.