There are tons of low carb mac and cheese recipes using cauliflower on the interwebs these days. You can’t browse Pinterest for more than a minute or two without running into at least one. Yet I’ve been blogging low carb recipes here on IBIH for over 3 years and have never posted my own version!
That travesty ends today, for I give you this totally crave-worthy faux mac and cheese recipe, which contains not only the ubiquitous cauliflower, cream, butter, and cheese – but also some spicy Chorizo, earthy green chilis, and a pop of fresh cilantro!
The resulting recipe is a delicious and hearty casserole that comes together in less than half an hour! Perfect for a busy weeknight, this recipe also reheats well for the week’s lunches (if it lasts that long!)
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my free 3 day kickstart plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
In other news, for a limited time I’m bundling my Amazon best-selling e-book The Gluten Free Low Carber with my first two issues of the IBIH ezine for only $9.99 – that’s a discount of over 50%!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so! Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more information on the books here, or simply click the Add to Cart button to download now!
All three for just $9.99!
- 4 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped canned green chilis (mild)
- 4 oz Mexican Chorizo (you’ll cook and use 1/3 cup for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Spread your cauliflower out in a microwave safe casserole dish. Microwave for 10 minutes or until partially tender. Meanwhile, cook your Chorizo in a small saute pan and drain off the extra fat. Measure out 1/3 cup of the cooked Chorizo for this recipe and reserve any extra for another use. Remove the cauliflower from the microwave and stir in the heavy whipping cream, butter, chopped chilis, cooked Chorizo, shredded cheddar, salt, and chopped cilantro. Once it’s fully combined, bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve hot.