This week’s low carb Chicken Piccata Meatball recipe is based on a classic Italian recipe that we just can’t get enough of! If you’ve never heard of Chicken Piccata, it’s usually made with a breaded chicken breast cutlet (sometimes pork), served with a lemon and caper flavored butter sauce.
It’s simple to make, but super flavorful – with a tangy, briny thing going on in the sauce that will have you wanting to lick your plate clean.
When I used to make Chicken Piccata the traditional way, I’d usually serve it with rice pilaf or risotto. So for this low carb chicken piccata meatball recipe I used a simple cauliflower “rice” as a base for the meatballs, which gives a lovely texture.
The tangy and delicious Piccata sauce poured over the top complements both elements perfectly.
I made this keto chicken piccata meatball recipe and the Turkey Saltimbocca Meatballs on the same day a couple of weeks ago, and it was impossible to pick a favorite between the two! I haven’t enjoyed eating leftovers that much in awhile!
Hopefully you’ll agree that this low carb chicken piccata meatball recipe is a winner – let me know what you think if you try them!
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my free 3 day kickstart plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
In other news, for a limited time I’m bundling my Amazon best-selling e-book The Gluten Free Low Carber with my first two issues of the IBIH ezine for only $9.99 – that’s a discount of over 50%!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so! Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more information on the books here, or simply click the Add to Cart button to download now!
All three for just $9.99!
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine the ground meat, almond meal, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon zest, and parsley together in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into 15 meatballs. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- In the same pan as you cooked the meatballs, add the white wine and bring to a boil, scraping all of the meatball bits off of the pan and into the wine. Add the lemon juice and capers and reduce by about half (2-3 minutes). Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon zest and butter until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the meatballs and the sauce hot – over cooked, riced, cauliflower if desired.