These keto egg fast snickerdoodle crepes are easy to make and so delicious that even your non keto family members (especially the kids) will adore them!!! They are also keto egg fast friendly for a major win/win situation!!!
Before I get to today’s keto egg fast snickerdoodle crepes recipe, here’s a brief update on my 5 day Keto Egg Fast. This morning I was down another .4 lbs, bringing my total lost so far to 7 pounds in four days! Tomorrow will be my final weigh-in from being on the keto egg fast, and I’ll post those results as well.
I’m really curious to see whether or not I’ll gain the weight back immediately after going off this keto egg fast diet plan. I’m hoping not – otherwise this will have been pretty much a waste of time!
I’ll be tracking my weight over the next few days while off the egg fast plan, during which I’ll be eating really strict keto – lower in protein than usual, definitely less than 20g net carbs, and with a focus on fat in the form of butter, MCT oil, and olive oil.
I’ll keep a strict log of what I’m eating those days, as well as any weight loss/gain, and will post my final results for my keto egg fast this weekend – followed by a 5 Day Keto Egg Fast Diet Menu Plan for those of you that want to try it out!
Yesterday I ate less eggs but more cheese, which was a byproduct of being gone all day and not having done enough prep. I ended up eating mostly string cheese and cream cheese pancakes all day, which skewed my egg – fat – cheese ratios a bit.
Not sure if it made a difference or not, and I was still down .4 this morning, so I’m not too worried about it. I also did strenuous yard work for about 6 hours yesterday – I was tired by the end, but had the energy to get it done, which is further proof that the body is able to burn fat for energy in the absence of carbohydrates.
What I Ate on Day Four of my Keto Egg Fast
6 eggs 2 Tbsp MCT oil (in my bulletproof coffee) 4 Tbsp butter 2 Tbsp mayonnaise 3 oz cream cheese 2 oz cheddar cheese 3 string cheese 120 oz spring water
Today is my last day of the keto egg fast, and I’m really looking forward to tomorrow when I can eat some veggies again. I miss texture in my food! That being said, this hasn’t been too painful – and these keto egg fast snickerdoodle crepes are one of the reasons why!
People have been worried that after doing the egg fast they might hate eggs. I don’t find that to be true so far. I actually look forward to my two eggs fried in butter every morning – that’s the only time that I eat them plain, so I’m not sick of it yet.
I change it up throughout the day with different preparations – both sweet and savory. I think that’s one of the most important things to avoid egg burnout when doing this fast. These keto egg fast snickerdoodle crepes (an easy variation of my low carb cream cheese pancakes recipe) are one of the sweet preparations, and also one of my favorite ways to eat the eggs on this keto egg fast diet plan.
If you aren’t sure how to make the cream cheese pancakes/crepes, here’s a video of the process with some key tips for success!
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my FREE low carb and keto menu plans and lose the weight for good!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!
- 6 eggs
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (Splenda, Swerve, Ideal, etc.)
- butter for frying
- 8 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp (or more) cinnamon
- Blend all of the crepe ingredients (except the butter) together in a blender or magic bullet until smooth. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a nonstick pan on medium heat until sizzling.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to form a 6 inch crepe. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove and stack on a warm plate. You should end up with about 8 crepes.
- Meanwhile, mix your sweetener and cinnamon in a small bowl or baggie until combined.
- Stir half of the mixture into your softened butter until smooth.
- To serve, spread 1 Tbsp of the butter mixture onto the center of your crepe.
- Roll up and sprinkle with about 1 tsp of additional sweetener/cinnamon mixture.