I’m typing this up from a hotel room in Richmond, VA on Sunday morning. Hope you guys are having (had?) a great weekend!
We’ve been traveling a lot this month, which is why I haven’t been posting as much as usual. I’m looking forward to getting back to a normal schedule in September though, and have lots of great low carb recipes to share!
As if that weren’t enough, Mr. Hungry and I have been hard at work on a new project that we’ll be rolling out in the next few weeks! More to come on that soon! So yeah, it’s been a REALLY busy (but awesome) Summer for the Hungry’s!
Meanwhile, even though I’ll be on the road all day tomorrow, I wanted to be sure to get this post scheduled because THESE MEATBALLS ARE SO YUMMAY!
These low carb curry meatballs are perfectly balanced with a coconut milk base that is sweet, salty, and spicy all at once! The biggest problem is going to be portion control, because I’m pretty sure you’ll want to eat the entire batch when you taste them!
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (Splenda, Swerve, Ideal, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp green curry paste
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups water
- 6 Tbsp powdered coconut milk
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Form into 18 meatballs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
- Combine the coconut oil and curry paste in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. Heat on low for about 10 minutes, or until hot and simmering. Don’t boil or the sauce could separate. Remove the meatballs from the oven and add to the sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes before serving. Shown served over cauliflower rice.