It’s made from the store-bought broccoli slaw mix that you can find in your grocer’s produce section – so you don’t need any fancy equipment or knife skills to make this happen. The dressing is easy to throw together as well, meaning you could be eating this slaw in five minutes or less. In fact it will take you less time to make this slaw than it will for me to finish typing up this post!
Don’t be put off by the fact that it’s broccoli either. For some reason there is very little broccoli flavor in this slaw – even Mr. Hungry, a sworn broccoli hater from childhood had some at dinner time and loved it! Hungry Jr. was a little harder to convince, but he did eat what I gave him, and I think it was more the creamy dressing that he wasn’t a fan of then the fact that it was broccoli.
In fact if you didn’t tell people that it was broccoli, I don’t think they would guess on their own – so that might be the way to go if you’re serving it to your broccoli challenged family. 😉
A nice bonus is that this broccoli slaw recipe keeps really well in the fridge, and the flavors actually improve over time in my opinion. You’ll see it featured in the Week 3 Keto 7 Day Menu Plan coming up this Saturday. But if you don’t want to wait – by all means make it ASAP!
Be sure to download my Spring Issue of the IBIH quarterly ezine for some fantastic low carb cupcake recipes and more easy side dishes!
Lastly, be sure to enter my May Giveaway where you can win either a Vitamix Commercial Blender or a $350.00 gift card to Amazon!
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups bagged broccoli slaw
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, sugar substitute, celery seeds, salt and pepper together until fully combined. Add the broccoli slaw. Toss well to coat. Serve cold.