I know you’re probably sick to death of poultry right now, but I promise that these low carb meatballs in no way resemble anything related to a traditional turkey dinner!
Tender and flavorful, the ground chicken (or turkey) is seasoned with ginger, chilis, and garam masala (among other things.) Then the meatballs are baked and slathered in this highly addicting low carb satay sauce.
A little spicy and a lot delicious, these silky meatballs are both comforting and exciting to eat. If you enjoy Thai flavors you are going to love this recipe!
I ate these cold out of the fridge the next day and they were STILL fantastic! That’s when you know a recipe is good people!!! BTW am I the only one who eats random things cold out of the fridge for breakfast the next day? Inquiring minds want to know (ie. how crazy am I on a scale of 1 to 10?)
The satay sauce can be made with either peanut butter or almond butter depending on your dietary/allergy requirements. I’ve tried it both ways and it’s equally scrumptious with either.
You can also use this sauce as a fun twist on salad dressing, or for these braided chicken skewers which can be baked or grilled according to your preference!
These low carb and gluten free meatballs are perfect for a party appetizer, snack, or even as a main dish. To make them into a complete meal try serving them alongside some tandoori cauliflower and spicy sriracha roasted broccoli!
Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts or almonds depending on which you are using for the sauce.
In other news, for a limited time I’m bundling my Amazon best-selling e-book The Gluten Free Low Carber with my first two issues of the IBIH ezine for only $9.99 – that’s a discount of over 50%!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so! Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more information on the books here, or simply click the Add to Cart button to download now!
All three for just $9.99!
- 1lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili peppers, minced (red chilis or serranos will work)
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp or
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut or almond butter (sugar free)
- 2 Tbl fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbl or
- 1 Tbl lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 Tbl water
- 1 Tbl coconut milk
- 1 tsp (or more) chilis, minced (serrano, habanero, or thai red chilis)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp (optional thickener)
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 16 meatballs and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Toss gently in the satay sauce and serve warm garnished with chopped cilantro and toasted peanuts or almonds.
- Combine all of your satay sauce ingredients in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings for your preference (ie, sweeter, saltier, spicier).