This Keto Chicken Pesto Cauliflower Casserole is an easy weeknight dinner that you can have on the table in no time! Cheesy and loaded with chunks of chicken and lots of pesto, this is a keto chicken dinner that the entire family will love!
This creamy keto chicken pesto cauliflower casserole is similar in texture to my famous green chicken enchilada cauliflower casserole, but with a completely different flavor profile.
Just as easy to throw together, if you use rotisserie chicken and store bought prepared basil pesto, you can have this on the table in about 30 minutes. Bonus points that this chicken pesto casserole reheats well in the microwave – so it’s perfect for keto meal prepping in advance! ??
This keto chicken pesto cauliflower casserole is super creamy and cheesy, with lots of bold flavor from the pesto. It’s the perfect comfort food for that transition from cold weather to warm, when you aren’t quite at grilling season yet, but are totally over the braised meats and soups phase.
The fresh flavor of the pesto is a reminder that summer is just around the corner, and if you’ve got a garden full of fresh basil then you’re already ahead of the game. If you’re a fan of cherry tomatoes, you can throw some in this keto chicken pesto cauliflower casserole just before baking and they’ll add even more summer flavor, not to mention a punch of color.
If your tribe isn’t a fan of cauliflower, you can substitute chopped zucchini in this recipe – just toss it in raw with the rest of the ingredients and bake as directed, or until fork tender.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 5 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower in a large microwave safe bowl and cook on high, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the chicken, pesto, and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve hot.