These Keto Caesar Baked Chicken Thighs are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and require almost no hand’s on cooking time. This easy low carb chicken recipe is going to quickly become your new weeknight favorite!
Even my veggie-hating husband and son love Caesar salad, so we eat it pretty often. Sometimes when ordering out we’ll get Caesar salad with grilled chicken on it, and I was thinking recently that if you actually baked those flavors into the chicken itself it would make it even better!
So I created these Keto Caesar Baked Chicken Thighs and they were not only super easy to make, but tasted pretty amazing too!
This Keto Caesar Baked Chicken is so easy to execute, that it’s barely even a recipe. But there are a few important keys to success here that are worth mentioning.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, use a good quality Caesar dressing like this one to get the most flavor into your chicken during marinating. If the dressing itself is really flavorful, then your chicken will be too.
Just to be on the safe side, I’m adding some extra seasoning to the dressing before you marinate, that way you’ll really be able to taste it in the chicken after cooking.
Another important note is to marinate this Keto Caesar Baked Chicken for as long as possible, which will also ensure that the flavors penetrate. Aim for a minimum of 2 hours, but as long as 24 to 36 would be great.
Ideally you’d marinate the day before eating, but even if you marinate in the morning and cook them that night after work, you should be good to go with plenty of noticeable Caesar flavor.
Finally, I used chicken thighs in this low carb baked chicken recipe, but you can use legs or breasts if you prefer. Reduce the cooking time for boneless skinless breasts to about 25 minutes, (unless they are really huge) so they don’t overcook and dry out.
If you’re a fan of keto chicken recipes, then you’re going to love this collection of the 80 BEST Keto and Low Carb Chicken Recipes we could find anywhere online!
- 4 chicken thighs (or other chicken pieces)
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine the Caesar dressing, lemon juice, salt, garlic and onion in a bowl and stir well.
- Add the chicken thighs and rub the marinade into them all over and under the skin if possible.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, and up to 36 hours. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a parchment or foil lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. If using boneless, skinless breasts or thighs, reduce cooking time to about 25 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink or a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 165 degrees.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They can be eaten cold or gently reheated in the oven for best results.