This Keto Salmon with Cranberry Orange Butter is everything you’ve ever wanted in an easy low carb salmon recipe! It’s festive, beautiful, low carb, and of course, delicious! You’ll be pretty much winning the keto salmon game for eternity with this one!
I’ll be honest, this keto salmon recipe is all about that cranberry orange butter. The salmon itself is delicious, but this easy butter with chopped cranberries, fresh parsley, orange zest, and a few other ingredients thrown in is what really makes it shine.
Not just for salmon, this tasty and festive cranberry orange butter would be equally delicious on shrimp, chicken or slathered onto my easy cheddar herb muffins or even pancakes for a sweet/savory twist. But definitely make it for the salmon first – it’s a game changer.
I can’t stress enough how easy and foolproof this keto salmon with cranberry orange butter recipe is to execute for even the most novice of cooks!
Step 1 – Place the salmon on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
Step 2 – Bake.
Step 3 – Stir the ingredients into softened butter while the salmon is baking.
Step 4 – Slather cooked salmon generously with butter mixture and serve.
This keto salmon with cranberry orange butter is easy enough to make at home on a weeknight for yourself, and tastes great right out of the fridge for lunches if you like to meal prep on the weekends. So treat yourself and don’t save this easy salmon recipe just to pull out for special occasions.
BUT this keto salmon recipe is a real stunner when made as a whole fillet and served on a large platter for guests to help themselves – so you should absolutely plan to invite some friends over soon and serve this salmon with some champagne, a nice salad, and maybe a pile of my Bacon and Parmesan Rosti on the side to make it just perfect.
In conclusion, I’d like to leave you with the following public service announcement:
PLEASE STOP OVERCOOKING YOUR SALMON!
Salmon should be cooked until it’s semi-firm, but not hard as a rock like canned tuna fish! It’s ok if it’s a little darker pink and still soft in the center! And if you are getting a lot of that hard white residue leaking out (it’s a protein similar to egg whites) then you are cooking it too aggressively – it needs a lower temperature for a longer time, rather than a high temperature for a short time to get the best results.
When cooked properly, you should end up with tender, flaky, juicy salmon that melts in your mouth. Anything else is verging on criminal negligence.
So now that you know better, go forth and make this keto salmon with cranberry orange butter – then be sure to report back!
Salmon and cranberry together – yah or nay?!?!?
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the salmon (whole side or fillets) on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt.
- Bake the salmon filets for 18 minutes (22 minutes for a whole side fillet,) or until desired doneness is reached.
- Top each filet with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter. Serve warm.
- Place the softened butter, orange extract, cranberries, parsley, zest, salt and erythritol in a small bowl.
- Stir with a fork until completely combined.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.