If you’ve ever felt magnetically pulled to a high-end Chinese buffet, invariably the pot of gold was the black pepper chicken. It might be breaded or it might be grilled, but here we’re going with baked.
- ½ cup organic chicken broth
- ½ cup sake
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound free-range chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, sake, oyster sauce, tamari, garlic, Creole seasoning, pepper, chili powder, and ginger.
- Add the chicken, onion, and red bell pepper and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Transfer the chicken and marinade to a cast iron or ovenproof skillet. Bake the chicken until cooked through, mixing everything at least twice while in the oven, about 25 minutes.