Without a tortilla, breakfast burritos are really justscrambled eggs with some taco spices, right? Wrong!Making keto taco “shells” is easy peasy, and their cheesy crunch goes perfect with eggs. The avocado adds luscious flavor and velvety texture to this dish. You won’t even miss the sour cream.
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons organic heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 tablespoon Golden Taco Seasoning
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded organic Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 tablespoon Golden Ghee
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Cayenne pepper sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- To make the taco “shells,” grease a nonstick skillet with olive oil and place it over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, put ½ cup of cheese in the middle of the skillet, making a circle of cheese about 4 inches in diameter. Cook the cheese until it is bubbling and starts to brown ever so slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove it from the skillet and form it into a taco shell shape. Stand it upside down to cool. Repeat this process to create 3 more taco shells.
- Wipe out the skillet, then place it back over medium heat and add the ghee. Once melted, give the egg mixture a quick stir and add it to the skillet. Gently stir the eggs until scrambled and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide the eggs between the taco “shells” and top with the avocado slices and a dash of cayenne pepper sauce.