Adding butter and oil to your coffee may seem a little far-fetched at first, but this recipe—blended so the oils combine with the coffee—delivers a smooth, delicious taste. It’s sure to be your new favorite way to start the day. Since this recipe relies on so few ingredients, using high-quality butter is of the utmost importance for the final result. If you do not use medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, you can substitute coconut oil.
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons MCT oil, or coconut oil
- Sugar-free sweetener
- Brew fresh coffee using your preferred method.
- In a blender, add the coffee, butter, and oil. Blend until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Flavor with a sweetener of your choice and enjoy.