Although cauliflower is keto-friendly, I admit it’s not the tastiest vegetable around. But when combined with intense flavors in this breakfast dish—think Cajun seasoning and pastrami scrambled with fresh eggs— I’m a huge fan.
- 1-pound cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shaved pastrami, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Set a steamer rack inside a large pot and pour in just enough water to come to the bottom of the rack. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower, cover the pot, and steam the cauliflower until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and chop it into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté it until soft but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and gently stir to scramble them with the onion, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the cauliflower, pastrami, green bell pepper, garlic, and Cajun seasoning into the scrambled eggs and onion. Continue cooking the mixture, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.