In addition to being a great pasta substitute, cauliflower is excellent as rice, as well. You may not even be able to tell the difference in a stir-fry or when it is served with a flaky piece of fish. Fresh cauliflower is key for this recipe, so save the bagged cauliflower for other recipes.
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, florets removed and stalk discarded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the cauliflower and pulse for about 1 minute, or until the cauliflower is in very small pieces.
- Set aside any cauliflower rice you do not plan to use immediately. It freezes well in resealable bags.
- Spread the remaining cauliflower evenly on a baking sheet. Place the sheet in the preheated oven. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove the sheet from the oven, stir, and flip the cauliflower. Return the sheet to the oven for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- When finished, use in a stir-fry or serve as a dish on its own.