A meaty twist on a classic party dish, these deviled eggs topped with bacon are an easy snack to whip up on a weekend. Prepared for you or for visiting friends, this recipe works for keto and non-keto dieters alike. Add a dash of cayenne for a spicy kick.
- 6 eggs
- 3 to 4 bacon slices (1⁄2 cup when chopped, depending on thickness)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot half filled with water to a boil. Gently place the eggs in the water, being careful not to crack the shells. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the water. Set aside to cool.
- While the eggs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until crisp. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Once the eggs cool, gently crack the shells and peel them. Cut the peeled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks into a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Divide into two equal amounts (about 1⁄4 cup each). Add 1⁄4 cup of bacon to the yolks. Mix well to combine.
- Place the egg whites cut-side up on a plate. Spoon an equal amount of the yolk mixture into each.
- Use the remaining 1⁄4 cup of bacon and 1⁄4 teaspoon of paprika to garnish the eggs, and serve.