A simple egg scramble inside a bacon cup is topped with cheese in this savory, compact meal made in a cupcake pan. I enjoy using this basic recipe and adding different cheeses or toppings, like mozzarella and basil or onion and Cheddar. Feel free to experiment to find your favorite way to enjoy these sunny breakfast cups.
- 6 bacon slices, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap one bacon slice inside a cupcake tin around the edges, so it covers the sides of the tin. Repeat with three more slices in three more tins.
- Cut the remaining two bacon slices into 2-inch pieces. Place 2 to 3 bacon pieces at the bottom of each bacon-wrapped cupcake tin so each is fully covered.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the bacon-wrapped tins. Cover each with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Carefully place the cupcake pan in the oven to avoid spillage. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.