This easy Keto Sausage Frittata is Squeaky Clean Keto and Whole 30 friendly, but has so much flavor in it that you’ll never miss the cheese! If you haven’t joined us on the SCKC yet, get the plan guidelines, free printables, and weekly meal plans here!
If you’re doing the Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge with us this month, then you’re likely looking for breakfast recipes that are easy, SCKC compliant, and portable if you’re on the go. This Keto Sausage Frittata is alllll of those things – not to mention really, really delicious!
When eating keto so many people rely heavily on cheese as a crutch to add flavor and fat to their recipes – and it’s totally understandable because we all love cheese! During the 30 day Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge though, all dairy products are off limits, so you might think your food will be sad and bland and boring without it.
I’m here to tell you though, that nothing could be further from the truth – and this amazing Keto Sausage Frittata is the perfect example. Loaded with flavorful Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes (they add a hint of sweetness,) capers, and chopped fresh basil, this is my go-to breakfast this month!
In fact, I was super excited to find an extra bag of portions in my freezer behind an ice tray the other day that I forgot I had in there – which meant 4 more days of SCKC breakfast already prepared and ready for my week! ??
Once you taste it you’ll understand why I was so egg-cited! (sorry, couldn’t help myself ?)
Even if you aren’t on the SCKC, you’re going to love this easy keto sausage frittata – and if dairy is no problem for you, then adding some Parmesan, Asiago, or even mozzarella cheese in there will make it even tastier!
People are already posting UH-MAZING results on the SCKC, so if you’re interested in joining us be sure to join our exclusive SCKC Facebook Community to get support and post your awesome progress too!
- 16 ounces Italian sausage (I used hot)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch oven proof skillet (see notes) over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring to break into small pieces.
- Add the capers and sun-dried tomatoes, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, water, salt, pepper and basil together in a large bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove and cool slightly before cutting and serving with additional chopped basil if desired.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!