Watch out: This guacamole packs a punch, and not just because of the bacon. The subtle but spicy flavor from the serrano peppers is sure to tickle taste buds and delight spice lovers. If you don’t want a spicy guacamole, simply omit the serrano and enjoy it without.
- 4 bacon slices
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon. Cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the cooked bacon to paper towels to cool. Once cooled, chop the bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocados, onion, and tomato.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño pepper, and serrano pepper. Gently fold the ingredients together.
- Before the ingredients are fully incorporated, add the cilantro, chopped bacon, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the bowl. Mix all ingredients together. Do not overmix.
- Serve immediately.