This Keto Pistachio Pudding Pie brought back some tasty childhood memories! The rich and luscious filling doesn’t require cooking, making this delicious low carb pudding pie fast and easy. If you’re keeping score, this quick keto dessert is winning by all counts!!!
When I was a kid there was a friend of my mom’s who used to bring the same sheet pan dessert to every gathering. It had a base of cookie crust, topped with cream cheese, then pistachio pudding, and whipped cream on top. I was never a fan of the cream cheese layer back then, but I used to love the pistachio pudding and whipped cream.
I’ve recreated this nostalgic summer favorite (for me at least) into a Keto Pistachio Pudding Pie that has all of the components I loved as a kid.
Be warned that I went with store bought, unnaturally bright green, and artificially sweetened pudding for this recipe. This is not health food and I’m not going to pretend that it is.
But ohhhhhh is it GOOOOOOOOD! And therefore totally worth the unhealthy pudding ingredients to make it. So if it fits your macros (only 5g net carbs) you can go for it, and believe me, you really really should!
I started with my easy keto pistachio shortbread cookie dough to make the crust. Bake for about 12 minutes and that’s the only cooking required for this delectable keto pistachio pudding pie – not bad, amiright?
You don’t have to actually make the pudding according to the instructions – instead we’re mixing it with almond milk and mascarpone cheese to help it set quicker and have a thick, creamy consistency.
Then of course we top with a generous amount of whipped cream and some chopped pistachios.
Seriously, it doesn’t get a whole lot easier than this.
You can eat this pie immediately after making – no extra chilling or freezing required for it to set. Which is awesome because you are going to want to have at this beauty ASAP!
I can’t even with how much I loved this keto pistachio pudding pie. I served it to friends recently at a gathering and it was a huge hit with even the non-ketoers, and nobody seemed to mind the flavor of the artificial sweetener. It’s well masked by the pistachio flavor and rich creaminess of the filling.
You guys if you only try ONE of the recipes I posted this summer – MAKE IT THIS ONE. You won’t be sorry!
- 1 batch cookie dough
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 packages sugar free pistachio pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (while waiting for the oven to heat, consider doing step one of the filling prep, which will allow for chill time.)
- Press the pistachio shortbread cookie dough firmly along the bottom and sides of a standard sized pie plate.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Combine the mascarpone, 1/2 cup of the heavy whipping cream, unsweetened almond milk and 2 packages pistachio pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Mix well and chill for 15 minutes. (Useful to do this while the crust is baking and cooling)
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of confectioners style powdered erythritol, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream mixture gently into the pistachio mixture.
- Spoon the pistachio mixture into cooled pie shell and smooth out evenly.
- Pipe or spoon the remaining whipped cream over the top of the pie.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!