Salty bacon and creamy ranch dressing are the perfect complements to grilled chicken. In this recipe, bacon is the star. After all, everything is better with bacon.
- 20 uncured center-cut bacon strips
- 2 cups sliced grilled free-range chicken
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup shredded organic Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out 5 strips of bacon right next to each other on the sheet. One by one, weave the next 5 bacon strips into the first layer in the opposite direction, creating a woven bacon square. Repeat this with the remaining 10 bacon strips to make a second woven bacon square next to the first. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Trim the bacon squares so they are about the same shape and size. Crumble any trimmed bacon and save for another recipe.
- Layer the grilled chicken over one bacon square, drizzle it with the ranch dressing, and sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese. Top with the second bacon square.
- Discard the used parchment and line the baking sheet with a new piece. Bake the quesadilla until the cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Cut in half and serve.