Light and refreshing, yet loaded with flavor, this Keto Zoodles with White Clam Sauce recipe is the perfect easy summer dinner! We replaced the pasta with zucchini noodles to keep it low carb, but I promise you won’t even miss it!
Be it pizza or pasta, in my opinion you can never go wrong when you pair it with lots of garlic, fresh herbs, and slightly chewy clams. It’s a flavor combo that I go back to time and time again. If you’re a fan of white clam sauce as well, then you’re going to love this Keto Zoodles with White Clam Sauce recipe as much as I do!
Even if you don’t think you like clams, this rich and savory keto zucchini noodles with white clam sauce just might change your mind!
This version is punched up with lemon zest and lots of fresh herbs, which cuts through the richness of the garlic and clams, and will have you going back for more!
Bonus points for being super easy to throw together, this Keto Zoodles with White Clam Sauce is also versatile! So if you truly aren’t a fan of clams, you can substitute raw shrimp in this recipe and it will be just as tasty!
I used baby clams in my version because they had them at our seafood market here in Honduras, but to keep it easy you can get freshly shucked and chopped clams from your grocer’s seafood counter, or in a pinch even the canned baby clams you find in the tuna fish aisle will work just fine.
If you like it spicy, load it up with red pepper flakes before serving and that will give you yet another layer of awesome flavor.
I kept this Keto Zoodles with White Clam Sauce recipe Paleo as is, but you can absolutely pile on some freshly grated Parmesan cheese right before serving if you’re ok with that. I for one am VERY ok with it.
If you want to add even more flavor and texture, you can sprinkle with some chopped cooked bacon too – and then you’ll REALLY never want to stop eating it!
Pair this easy seafood zoodles recipe with my Keto Cheesy Herb Muffins and a side salad and you’ll have the entire neighborhood begging for an invite to dinner!
- 1/4 cup butter (ghee for Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if using table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds small clams or 1 large can of baby clams, drained
- 8 cups zucchini noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, combine the butter, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add the clams and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until all are opened (discard any that don’t open). If using canned, cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and add the zucchini noodles. Toss to coat and let sit for 2 minutes or until softened to your liking.
- Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Taste and season with additional salt if desired.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes for heat, parmesan cheese, and or chopped cooked bacon if desired. (not shown.)
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!