I wanted to name this beefy masterpiece the Ultimate Keto Dude Burger, but decided on Keto Sheet Pan Burgers with Bacon and Jalapeño because the Google search algorithm lacks creativity and rewards super boring but descriptive titles. Boo hiss. Whatever you want to call it, this delicious keto bunless burger is so amazing that you won’t miss the bread at all!
Can we all just take a minute and appreciate that a) keto sheet pan meals are life right now, and b) this keto sheet pan burger recipe proves that you don’t need a grill or a lot of hand’s on cooking time to be indulging that burger craving.
Seriously though – when I decided to try this idea out, even I was skeptical. Who wants a baked burger? No grill marks, no smoky charred flavor, not even second rate pan sear for flavor? I had understandable concerns that this keto sheet pan burger concept would be an epic fail. Or at the very least a ho hum throw away.
I’m happy to report that these keto sheet pan burgers are LEGIT. The bacon grease spreads and soaks into the jalapeños and onions, giving them extra flavor and lusciousness. The patties themselves are simply seasoned and juicy – the perfect canvas for the bold flavors of the jalapeño, pepper jack cheese, onions and bacon.
The jalapeños caramelized a bit and got crisp around the edges, which I loved. You’ll notice in true dude burger style, there is no tomato, no fru-fru avocado or girly arugula – just nutritionally defunct iceberg lettuce, and dill pickles (which are optional) for a little crunch. Minimum veggies, maximum meat and cheese, lots of bold, spicy, flavor.
Just the way Mr. Hungry likes it. ?
Gorgeous and flavorful on their own, what makes these keto sheet pan burgers truly craveable is that sauce. So easy to make, but so very, very delicious.
Creamy, tangy, spicy, sweet – it’s everything you ever wanted in a keto burger sauce. And if you love it as much as I do, you’ll find other ways to use it too – on chicken, on salads, even drizzled over broccoli or cauliflower. It makes so many things taste better! You’ll see.
There is so little commitment involved in these keto sheet pan burgers that I just know you’re going to want to try them! And once you taste them you’ll want to put them in the regular rotation! Especially since this one is easily customized to everybody’s preference within the family, and it’s a no brainer to do buns for those that want them and no buns for those that don’t!
If you want to keep it keto but still have the bun – here’s a keto hamburger bun recipe that seems to be popular online, though I haven’t personally tried it.
As a side point, leftovers refrigerate just fine as separate components and reheat well in the microwave (not the sauce or lettuce obvi) for about 1 minute on high. I ate them two days in a row crumbled up with extra lettuce as a warm salad and it was just as tasty as on day one when I ate it burger style as shown.
KETO SHEET PAN BURGERS RECIPE VIDEO ??
In addition to this keto sheet pan burgers recipe and the keto sheet pan salmon with asparagus recipe I posted a couple of weeks ago, I’ve got a few more keto sheet pan meals coming soon. Is this a trend you can get behind, or have keto sheet pan dinners gone too far? Lemme know your thoughts in the comments!
- 24 ounces ground beef (80/20 chuck is best)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (reduce to 3/4 tsp if using table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices raw bacon, cut in half
- 4 slices of onion (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced into rings
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman’s or Dukes for store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated erythritol sweetener (I use Swerve)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Form into 4 patties of about equal size and place on a large baking sheet.
- Place the bacon, onion rings, and jalapeño slices on the same baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, and sweetener and stir well until smooth. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven after 18 minutes and place one slice of cheese on each burger patty.
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Return pan to the oven and broil for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven.
- Build each burger with 1 patty, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 slice onion, desired amount of jalapeños and a generous drizzle of sauce (shown with optional lettuce and pickles.)
- Serve warm.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!