These tasty Keto Cheesy Herb Muffins are fluffy and tender and loaded with flavor! The perfect low carb side to soups, chilis, and even your favorite Keto breakfast of bacon and eggs!
On tasting them, Mr. Hungry immediately pronounced these keto cheesy herb muffins the “best low carb bread thingy you’ve ever made!” I have to agree with him, these savory low carb muffins really did turn out amazing!
I’ve got some great keto soup recipes coming up and I wanted to make something that would round them out and make a complete meal, which is how this savory keto muffin concept came about. We were leaving Honduras for a trip to the US the following day so I was using up ingredients I already had in the fridge – thus the cheddar and thyme combination that I’m posting here.
I love how these flavors worked together, but the beauty of this savory keto muffin recipe is that you can absolutely change it up and use other cheese/herb combos based on what you have on hand – or your own flavor preferences.
What I love about these keto cheesy herb muffins is that the top crisps up and is reminiscent of the popular cheddar herb biscuits from Red Lobster, while the inside has a perfect crumb and soft texture of a muffin.
Slather them with butter and I promise that these delicious low carb muffins will be your new keto BFF.
I have ideas to make a double batch of these savory keto muffins in a sheet pan and then cut them into cubes for stuffing. Or crumble them and toast them further to sprinkle over my keto Chorizo and Green Chili Mac and Cheese or Green Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole for an extra layer of crunch and flavor. OR use them as the base for a new low carb stuffed mushroom recipe!
Keto Cheesy Herb Muffins Recipe Video ??
The list goes on – this keto cheesy herb muffin recipe is so versatile that there is no end to the applications for it in your keto recipe repertoire!
For starters, I recommend that you make a batch of these as is right away – then tell us what creative things YOU would do with them in the comments!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease or line a standard cupcake pan with 8 muffin cups.
- Place the butter in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high, uncovered, for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add the sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, salt, garlic powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, eggs, fresh thyme, almond milk and cheddar and mix well with a fork.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.