Anyone can wrap scallops in bacon, but why not go bigger? The smoky bacon provides a savory saltiness to this light white fish, while a delicate lemon cream sauce balances it all out.
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons Golden Ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 uncured center-cut bacon strips
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the fillets with the ghee, then sprinkle them with the basil and a few grinds of pepper. Wrap three slices of bacon around each fillet and place the wrapped fillets, bacon seams down, on the sheet.
- Bake the fillets until cooked through and flaky, 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and a pinch of pepper. Serve this sauce in small ramekins alongside the fish for dipping.