These Keto Pistachio Truffles, or fat bombs if you prefer, are easy to throw together at a moment’s notice! The perfect low carb snack or dessert, this version is lightly sweetened and flavored with a hint of vanilla.
It’s not always easy to get your ratios of proteins and fats right on a keto diet. Keeping your carbs at or below 20g net is relatively straightforward, but many make the mistake of getting far too much protein and not nearly enough fat into their day, which can stall your weight loss.
While it’s true that you can add an extra pat of butter to your steak, or cream in your coffee, those fat calories aren’t as satisfying as the ones you eat in a more substantial form.
Enter these keto pistachio truffles! Not only do these delicious morsels make getting enough fat more fun, they are so easy and tasty that they are guaranteed to be a hit with family and friends on your next dessert tray!
Super sturdy and portable, these keto pistachio truffles are a fantastic low carb dessert option to bring with you to parties and gatherings. They are pretty enough to be featured on cheese plates, cookie trays, and even to be boxed up and given as a hostess gift.
While I chose to go the sweet route with this version, if you have a more savory palate you can omit the sweetener and vanilla in favor of a little minced fresh parsley or chives, a hint of garlic, and a pinch of salt. Both versions give you that rich creamy center that is nicely offset by the pleasant crunch of salty pistachios!
You may be tempted to replace the mascarpone cheese with cream cheese instead, thinking they are interchangeable. It won’t be horrible, but in this recipe I really recommend that you get the mascarpone if you can – it has a better texture and more subtle flavor that is clearly noticeable.
I know you guys will love these Keto Pistachio Truffles as much as we did! If you come up with new ways to flavor them, be sure to share your own tasty version with the rest of us in the comments!
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my free 3 day kickstart plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
- 8 ounces (1 cup) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners style erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Mix gently but thoroughly with a fork or spatula, until well blended and smooth.
- Roll by hand into 10 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. (if too soft to roll, chill 10 minutes and try again.)
- Place the pistachios on a small plate and roll the truffles in them until completely coated.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.