These chicken breasts get a healthy dose of spice from the chopped jalapeño, while the cream cheese mellows the heat. Serve with a side of Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 jalapeño peppers, halved
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 bacon slices
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a flat surface, cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Do not cut all the way through the other side. Open the breasts flat.
- Spread an equal amount of cream cheese over each of the butterflied breasts.
- Top each with two jalapeño halves. Sprinkle with onion powder and garlic. Fold the breasts closed. Wrap each breast with two bacon slices. Secure with toothpicks. Season the outside of the breasts with the salt and pepper.
- Place the bacon-wrapped chicken in a baking pan. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Put the pan into the preheated oven. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the chicken to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the toothpicks from the meat and serve.